Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh, I'm a victim of your sweet talk and good lies!

Those are the lyrics of some song but I felt how apt it is sometimes. How we trust people and treat them as friends but later discover that they do complain, crib and talk behind our backs. I really don't understand this - if they don't like you, why should they try to be sweet and nice to you, trying to catch up with your life. In those moments, we think, oh my God, how sweet the person is, with whom we have shared close times, is trying to be concerned about our lives. And we tend to be true and frank but later we realize that they don't agree with our opinion. It is okay if they do not agree. Each one has a different perspective and has a right to have. But going and telling someone else that our view is wrong or their view is right or complain about us is certainly not sane behaviour.

But we still love and live b'coz we were friends once. We again and again do the same mistake, being frank and feeling warm while talking to such people and feeling hurt when discovering what they talk about us later.

I think you are my friend and Oh, I'm a victim of your sweet talk and good lies!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is human psychology to implicitly assume that a sweet talker is your friend. May be all these years of evolution has created an impression in the human mind to have a liking for sweet talk and good lies in addition to the feeling of a human to belong to social group. But people who care don't give a damn and people who give a damn don't care. What the heck am I talking...let's take a break and get some life...you know what I mean - Pavan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfectly expressed about wat was in my mind these days nice...

    ReplyDelete